Re: what's a standard for, was Last Call

2015-09-11 12:44:20
In article
<alpine(_dot_)LFD(_dot_)2(_dot_)20(_dot_)1509111040290(_dot_)21480(_at_)bofh(_dot_)nohats(_dot_)ca>
 you write:
On Fri, 11 Sep 2015, John Levine wrote:

It was definitely a victory for open standads when Google and Facebook
adopted XMPP for their systems.  The people I know at both companies
are pretty reasonable, so if they're diverging from the specs it's
unlikely to be just to be gratuitously incompatible.

Could you ask your the people you know why Google Talk Service
does not support server-to-server encryption via TLS mandated by RFC
3920 in 2004?

Sure, when I see them which probably won't be for a while.  I'd think
that things being as they are, they would want to encrypt where
possible.

R's,
John