Re: [dane] PGP security models, was Summary of IETF LC for draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey

2015-09-23 13:15:52
Of course it does. I can upload a new and stronger key with keyid
johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com to the keyservers and now you cannot read any email
people
send you that is automatically encrypted to a key you don't own. You can't
trust the keyservers for the binding between keyid and email address.

I understand the argument for better keyservers, e.g., you have to
click on a URL in a message encrypted to the key before they publish
it.  I don't understand the argument to replace it with something else
with a whole new bunch of security and other issues.

R's,
John