Re: PGP security models, was Summary of IETF LC for draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey

2015-09-24 07:03:04
I've sort of been following this discussion, not being too familiar with thinking about PGP. I did an S/MIME impl awhile back.

I would like to propose adding 2 features:
a. add a registry family that is self-signed and the members form a quorum for election and the family cert is distributed across many registries and there is eventual consistency. b. use a blockchain to make eventually consistent and authenticate the quorum of members of a self-signed family cert, published to global registry.

I think you blockchain the self-signed, globally published family cert which contains quorum approval of additions and revocations of certs produced by this self-signed family cert with CA ability. I think that's secure without 3rd party CA/RevokeCertList (if IIIRC it's name).

Do you think my proposal has merit?