Re: PGP security models, was Summary of IETF LC for draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey

2015-09-24 08:34:16
On Thu, 24 Sep 2015, Simon Josefsson wrote:

Btw, how does draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey handle OpenPGP keys for
hostnames?  I don't see anything in it.  I propose that
username<->hostname collisions for OpenPGP is a non-issue.

The key lookup part does not cover it, although of course the
OPENPGPKEy record is not limited to be at a <hash of lhs> location.

Per definition, hostnames in DNS can just be represented as hostnames
without hashing, so one could simply use:

mail.nohats.ca. IN OPENPGPKEY <blob>

Paul