Re: We need an architecture, not finger pointing.

2015-10-28 08:33:26
On Oct 27, 2015, at 7:58 PM, John R Levine <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com> wrote:
Those are separate issues.  We strip attachments because people send messages
that say "my kid's school play is tomorrow at 7 PM, tickets $5, and here's a
poster" and attach a 20MB powerpoint horror.

Seems like you could just bounce messages with attachments larger than X, where
X is O(1k).   We have to allow for MUA-specific attachments, but we could even
handle those by whitelisting them.   "Fixing" messages with attachments is a
convenience, not a requirement.