Re: I-D Action: draft-crocker-rfc2418bis-wgguidelines-01.txt

I care about the fact that I can't
understand in detail from the draft what it intends to change in the way
WGs operate and, incidentally, what text in RFC 2418 is wrong in practice.

Brian,

You are focused on ways the draft is different from the RFC, while I am
instead focused on the draft's accurately reflecting current (and/or
community-desired) practices.

In that regard, the draft does not seek to "change" wg practices at all,
but rather to document what the community considers best practices.

You can't evaluate that by looking at RFC2418; you need to look at what
is done today or what people generally seem to agree /should/ be done today.

That is, the way to read the document is in terms of the present, not
the past.

d/

--
Dave Crocker