IESG Area Structure and Last night's missing question (was: Re: Privacy, outages, and plenary)

2015-11-04 09:19:15
Jari,

The question I was trying to ask via Jabber during the plenary
was about the Apps + RealTime -> ART reorganization.   When that
was announced a year or so ago along with the decision to reduce
the number of ADs in the combined area from four to three, my
understanding was that the IESG intended to further review the
situation, make a longer-term plan, and discuss it with the
community.   That evaluation and plan is particularly important
to those of us who believe that, long-term, areas with three or
more ADs tend to be too complex to follow and reduce the
possibility for accountability.

AFAICT, we haven't heard more on that subject from the IESG
since the "new IESG" was seated in March.

I can't speak for others, but I, at least, would like to hear
from the IESG about this and, because it might affect some of
our evaluations of incumbents for the Nomcom, hear soon.

    john