Re: IESG Area Structure and Last night's missing question

I don't think we can make a major change to the IESG workload without tackling
that issue too. It's hard to say exactly what fraction of the IESG's time is
spent finding and fixing DISCUSS-worthy problems in drafts,

Not nearly enough, as far as I can tell. RFC quality (at least for the topics I care about) seems to have dropped considerably.

In particular, very few working groups are either sufficiently competent or sufficiently diligent to give adequate consideration to issues outside of their immediate scope that are created or exacerbated by their output.

Keith