Re: IESG Area Structure and Last night's missing question

2015-11-07 17:04:51
thank you melinda; a really good message.

follow the money.  as you say, a lot of time is required.  add to that
expensive travel etc. and we're left with vendors and standards writers
[0].

sprints, hackathons etc. are a small and welcome attempt at re-injecting
the culture of implementation and use realities.  but the core work,
wgs, iesg, ... is moribund and, as you say more politely, increasingly
dominated by professional managers and document hacks.

until the community' communicates to the nomcom, iesg, and iab that a
change to a more reality and implementation based culture is needed, the
ITUification of the ietf will continue; we will have even more managers,
document inflators, ....  until we send a message by replacing some
underperforming wg chairs, moribund wgs will abound.

the nomcom and the i* need to take some mean pills.  and we need to tell
them it's not only ok, but demanded.

    "If Stephenson wrote Huckleberry Finn it would be 4,000 pages long
     and mostly about paddlewheel design."  -- Maciej Ceglowski

randy

[0] https://archive.psg.com/051000.ccr-ivtf.html