Re: Looking for Area Directors Under Lampposts

2015-11-12 02:01:42
On Nov 11, 2015 10:47 PM, "Eliot Lear" <lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:

We – really the same people – seem to have had this argument perennially
for about a decade.  Before we continue, can someone spot what has
changed such that we are having it again?

I think there clearly have been some gradual (or not) changes in incentives
for participation that have had an impact on the organization (not a good
one - we're organized under a different set of assumptions about how and
why people bring work in).  It's also the case that we're seeing increased
external pressures from both open source projects and from organizations
working further up the stack.

But hey, I'd be good with having the discussion even if the only thing that
has changed was frustration levels.  I'm actually not sure I fully
understand your question.  Are you suggesting that nothing's wrong, or are
you suggesting that we shouldn't talk about our problems unless something
has changed?

Melinda