Re: ehip and shutup lists

2015-11-29 10:25:39
It is not like the SMTP list is overflowing with traffic. I just looked, and
ietf-smtp is averaging less than one message per month.

I would suggest sending a message to both the ehip and shutup lists saying
they will be shut down and the discussion will move (start?) to the ietf-smtp
list. You might also hint that people should /review/ the ietf-smtp list
before
suggesting we take out all diagnostics from email transport ;-).

Good point.

Then, after two weeks, shut down the ehip and shutup lists.

+1. These proposals have suffered tremendously from a lack of review from an
operational perspective; having the discussion on the ietf-smtp may help
solve this problem.

                                Ned