Re: Venue Announcement for IETFs 98, 99, 102 and 111

2016-01-08 11:08:41
On 1/8/2016 6:25 AM, Leif Johansson wrote:
And that is the core of my disquiet and request.  It isn't as if
no one had asked before.
Nevertheless, can we at least acknowledge the fact that this
announcement has us coming back to SFO /twice/ - after the choir
has been busy complaining about not spending time in the US.

        Leif (who generally just go where I'm invited)

You might have a point if the two dates were more closely linked or there were a lot more proportionally (to the entire set) than there are... in the current instance, not so much.

Not to put too fine a point on it, the general scheme is 1-1-1. SF in 2018 and SF in 2021 appear to be 2 of the 4 US meetings that would normally be scheduled in North America in that period. And as noted elsewhere, contracting the US hotels has tended (not always but more often than not) to be less .. time consuming? ... fraught with location issues? ... than other locations, especially with hotels to which we've already been.

Later, Mike