Re: Venue Announcement for IETFs 98, 99, 102 and 111

2016-01-08 11:27:42
And, I'd like to suggest that my document with regards to food requirements
be considered in your process of articulating meeting requirements,
arranging contracts, etc.:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barnes-healthy-food-07
I do plan on another revision and requesting publication.  While most folks
loved Berlin, the hotel was a nightmare when it came to eating - I was sick
several times during the week and there was not a satisfactory *real* food
market nearby that I found.  And, in general even at recent meetings, even
though there are what might be considered safe food options during breaks,
 the way they are served generally makes it impossible for me (and others)
to safely partake (e.g., having cheese *and* crackers co-located, etc.).
And, my efforts in working with the staff directly have failed totally - in
London, I had suggested directly to the staff that they put cookies on one
end of the table and veggies on the other to avoid the cross contamination
and was told they would do that once the chef went back to the kitchen as
it would "upset" him for them to do so.  All these issues can be addressed
with sufficient planning and the solutions are quite simple.

Okay - I'm done ranting for now and while many might disagree with my
concerns, I'd like to ask folks to not jump onto this thread and do so and
wait until I update the document .  We can then discuss the issues in that
context and make it easier for those that don't care to ignore.  However, I
do welcome offline comments.

Regards,
Mary.