Re: xml2rfc as a requirement for authors?

2016-01-27 11:00:51
Hmmm, I don’t see xml2rfc as a trend to become a requirement for authors for
creating I-Ds, or even RFCs. That is definitely not the intent of the RFC
Editor’s modernization plans. Even among the members of the rfc-design team,
there are a number that regularly use markdown (in some form) for their own
I-Ds, for example. I think there will always be a plethora of tools available
for authors to use for creating I-Ds.

        Tony Hansen

On 1/26/16, 9:40 PM, "ietf on behalf of John C Klensin"
<ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org on behalf of john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com>
wrote:

FWIW, I'm actually concerned about the trends toward making
xml2rfc a requirement rather a useful optional tool.  Again,
individual ways of working differ and, at least for I-Ds, I'd
prefer to maximize author efficiency rather than trying to force
everyone into the same mold.