Re: [codec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-10.txt> (Ogg Encapsulation for the Opus Audio Codec) to Proposed Standard

2016-02-02 16:47:07
See below:

On 2/2/16, 14:26, "codec on behalf of Timothy B. Terriberry"
<codec-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org on behalf of tterribe(_at_)xiph(_dot_)org>
wrote:

[…]

We are able and willing. If adding an additional boilerplate text block
is not the way to go about it (and I have no particular ties to that
solution, we were simply doing what had been done before with RFC 6716),
what should we do?

Take the text, minus RFC boilerplate and formatting, and publish it wherever
and however you want, but not in a form that could be confused with an RFC.
That’s a least my recollection of the spirit of the discussions we had when
deliberating RFC 5377.  At the time, my recollection of the consensus was that
we specifically DID NOT want to give open source folks the option to take an
RFC and “run with it”.  Debian and its requirements were specifically mentioned
then.

Stephan