Re: [codec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-10.txt> (Ogg Encapsulation for the Opus Audio Codec) to Proposed Standard

2016-02-02 16:54:58
Yes, unfortunately.
Stephan

On 2/2/16, 14:51, "Timothy B. Terriberry" <tterribe(_at_)xiph(_dot_)org> wrote:

Stephan Wenger wrote:
Take the text, minus RFC boilerplate and formatting, and publish it wherever
and however you want, but not in a form that could be confused with an RFC.
That’s a least my recollection of the spirit of the discussions we had when
deliberating RFC 5377.  At the time, my recollection of the consensus was
that we specifically DID NOT want to give open source folks the option to
take an RFC and “run with it”.  Debian and its requirements were
specifically mentioned then.

Is it your opinion that the XML source for the latest draft (which
includes instructions to produce the boilerplate and formatting, but not
the actual boilerplate and formatting) would qualify as "not in a form
that could be confused with an RFC"?