Re: [codec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-10.txt> (Ogg Encapsulation for the Opus Audio Codec) to Proposed Standard

2016-02-02 22:19:36
Ron wrote:
And we are specifically not proposing to give *anyone*, open source or
otherwise, "the option to take an RFC and “run with it”" ...

We're trying to find consensus on the best way to apply BCP 78 and the
options outlined in RFC 5377 to the needs of this document, in a way
that best matches the needs of its intended users to the best interests
of the IETF.

It seems to me like putting a BSD copyright header in an XML comment at the top of the XML source file and dropping Section 13 from the draft would resolve all of the issues, if everyone agrees that is an acceptable thing to do. Ron?