Re: Is Fragmentation at IP layer even needed ?

2016-02-09 15:46:41
On 02/09/2016 01:26 PM, Joe Touch wrote:

So if you have tunnels, fragmentation services are always ultimately
required.

And when broken (like with my ISP), I had to reduce my MTU to 1442.
Because it looks like fragmentation is failing over any IPv6 connection
I can use. Or perhaps its some kind of IPv6 restriction I can' find.

When Firefox switched to defaulting to IPv6 when it detects you have it
available, all my web results got VERY slow, until I reduced by MTU.

   not an IPv6 expert, just liking to feel I participate :-)

--

Doug Royer - (http://DougRoyer.US)
DouglasRoyer(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com