Re: I-D Action: draft-hardie-iaoc-iab-update-00.txt

2016-02-09 15:57:58

On Feb 6, 2016, at 3:08 PM, Eliot Lear <lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:

And this is the point: on any given topic someone else might be more expert.
Take for instance the RFC series.  There are two people who are probably
better equipped to speak on that matter right now than the chair himself (no
offense to Andrew).  Joe Hildebrand oversees the RSOC program.  The IAOC
would be foolish not to speak to him about the RFC Editor in terms of their
responsibilities in that regard.

Quick clarification: Robert Sparks is currently the IAB lead for the RSOC.  I
don't think your point here is impacted by this detail.

Of course, I do have opinions about overseeing the RFC Series, which is why I
originally put my name in the hat for RSOC, and continue to serve there.  I'd
be happy to talk to anyone in the community about that, including the RSOC.
I'd imagine Robert feels similarly.

--
Joe Hildebrand