Re: [dhcwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-anonymity-profile-06.txt> (Anonymity profile for DHCP clients) to Proposed Standard

2016-02-23 12:44:39

Hiya,

On 23/02/16 18:36, Fernando Gont wrote:

That said... isn't this an indication that we should converge on
*something* regarding the meaning of "updates"? (i.e., it should be
clear what it means, and what rules should be applied when deciding when
a "Updates" tag is warranted or not)

In theory, yes. I don't find it to be something that I'd prioritise
myself. I suspect attempts to "fix" this would open a can of worms
about the general semantics of relationships between RFCs and would
likely end up being very hard to get done, and with not much benefit
at the end.

S.