Re: [dhcwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-anonymity-profile-06.txt> (Anonymity profile for DHCP clients) to Proposed Standard

2016-02-23 12:29:29

On 23/02/16 10:59, Fernando Gont wrote:

I'm not saying the above is good or bad, but that's an update, and
deserves a corresponding "update tag".

FWIW, I've no opinion here but please be aware that different working
definitions of the "updates" relationship are concurrently in use in
different bits of the IETF. For some, it means "you really need to
read this" for others its "a new implementer of the old thing really
needs to also include the new code" and those aren't always the same.
There are probably other not-unreasonable meanings one could come up
with too. I'd not get hung up on it generally myself.

S.