Re: [rtcweb] Uppercase question for RFC2119 words

2016-03-30 11:52:57
On 3/30/16 11:32, Dave Cridland wrote:
Finally, I'd note in passing that "bill" and "Bill", "will" and "Will", "heather" and "Heather", all have different semantics based on case - not that this is particular relevant.

It's actually quite relevant, since it shows that we already have significant cases in which merely changing letter case can alter meaning nontrivially. There's a somewhat bawdy example of this that you can find by typing "capitalization matters" into Google Image Search. (Probably not safe to do in many workplaces).

It kind of takes the wind out of arguments that people will miss the difference between letter cases.

/a