Re: Last Call on draft-bradner-rfc3979bis-08.txt ("Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology")

2016-04-04 15:58:53
Barry and I had a chat about this.  I also had offline conversations with
Mike Cameron and a chat with Joel.  Barry and I at least agree on the
problems.  The solutions are mine for now, and they absolutely are in need
of wordsmithing...

Indeed, and Stephan's captured my concerns well, and I agree with the
proposed solutions.

why not say
By the nature of their office, IETF area directors may become aware of
Contributions late in the process (for example at IETF Last Call or during
IESG review) and, therefore and in such cases, cannot be expected to
disclose any IPR Covering those Contributions until they become aware of
them.”

Fine.  Account it under wordsmithing :-)

Yes, that wordsmithing looks good.

Barry