Re: 1000 person virtual meeting (Was: Re: Concerns about Singapore)

2016-04-11 19:30:47

I also have no doubt one could do a 1000 person remote meeting.

That being said, I've tried to do remote attendence at meetings
both where there is a small timezone offset and a large timezone
offset.  The small timezone offset "works" but in no way replaces
face to face meetings.  The large timezone offset only works if you
have 1 or 2 working groups to want to attend.

Face to face forces attendees to be mostly in sync with respect to
the timezone.  BA was a 10 hour shift for me but it was do able.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka(_at_)isc(_dot_)org