IETF95 Mentoring Counts

2016-04-15 08:50:40
All,

At IETF95, we had:

20 individual mentee / mentor pairs
25 speed mentoring attendees (18 on Sunday, 7 on Monday)
40~ attendees for the "Journey from I-D to RFC" presentation
40~ attendees for the "Unwritten rules and values of IETF" presentation

The sessions on Sunday were quite well attended.  We also had breakfast
meetings which duplicated the sessions & were not very well attended.  We will
discontinue the breakfast meetings.

If you were a mentor or mentee at IETF95 and have not filled out the feedback
form:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/P5K5P9N

Please do that now.  We have 23 entries.  Once we have more feedback, we will
publish results.

We have also started the remote mentoring : Internet Draft review team
initiative.  I suspect this will be quite popular.  After one day, we have
already 12 people who want to participate.  It will take some time to get
enough people to have a group of 4 who all want to work in the same area.
After we get maybe 2 people who want to work in the same WG & have overlap on
language & time zone, we will ask the WG itself if it has more people who want
to work on the team.

If you know of others who may benefit by this initiative or you yourself want
to participate, please fill out the form here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z8KD8GB

Please forward the form to anyone you think will be interested.

If you would like to help the mentoring team in doing any of this coordination,
we would love to have you.  Please email me unicast & we will put you to work.

 Thanks,

Nalini Elkins
Inside Products, Inc.
www.insidethestack.com