Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

2016-05-21 23:54:27
Lixia et.al.,

On 2016-05-22 09:43, Lixia Zhang wrote:

On May 21, 2016, at 2:00 PM, Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

In particular, "nice place to bring family or companion(s)" is
either a selection criterion or it isn't.  I'm not talking about
where it is in the list of priorities and tradeoffs; I'm talking
about whether or not it is on the list.

my vote is no.

there would be a difference between "nice" and "safe", right?

/Loa

It could be on the list if we believe that it has a significant
impact on attendance and therefore on financial viability. But
that's surely secondary to 'getting the work done' and 'getting the
best range of people to the meeting'.

agree.

Lixia