Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

2016-05-21 21:58:06
there is a distinction for sure, but I'm not sure which one is worse. I
have a friend of mine who is in relationship with other man. They went
to Singapore for business reason about a year ago. They felt safer than
in Dallas (being there also for business about three years ago) - I just
verified this findings over e-mail.

In both cases, the nominal rules and the actual rules are not the
same.  In Singapore, threre are laws against male homosexuality dating
back to British colonial times, but it's highly unclear what the
actual enforcement is, viz. the seventh annual pink dot rally last
year with 28,000 people.  On the other hand, many things are nominally
legal in Texas, but there are also a lot of people with strong
opinions and guns.  I didn't feel particularly unsafe in Dallas, but I
felt a lot safer in Singapore.

R's,
John