Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

2016-05-21 12:06:59
This seems like a reasonable assessment.

Citing Fred's document again, such travel barriers to entry must be
"researched, noted, and carefully considered." While (as the document
makes clear) "there are no perfect venues", I think the balance of the
evidence suggests that Singapore does not meet this important
criterion, and absent some very compelling reason why we must meet in
Singapore, should not be selected for future meetings.

With regard to the question of this meeting, it seems to me that the
relevant standard should not be whether "it it is possible to have a
successful meeting in Singapore" but rather whether, whether at
this time it is prohibitive to move to a location that better
meets our inclusiveness criteria. I am not able to assess this
question, but I believe that the IAOC should do so before reaching
a final decision to proceed with meeting in this location.

-Ekr

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Ted Hardie