Re: Long-term IETF evolution thoughts

2016-06-12 19:15:57

IETF Chair <chair(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> wrote:
    > We got some feedback on that draft, but the draft stopped short of
    > making specific statements about what the IETF should do. And unless we
    > bring the thoughts to a bit more practical level, the discussion stays
    > abstract and remote. So, I thought I’d try to state my view about what
    > we should focus on in the future, in the hopes that it will generate
    > discussion. Feel free to suggest alternate views or question these!

    > https://www.ietf.org/blog/2016/06/long-term-ietf-evolution/

You tease us to jump to the link where you say:

1. Make it easier for people to be involved in the IETF.
2. Be even better positioned to use online collaboration.
3. Focus on linking open standards to code, operationals, and
interoperability.
4. Evolve IETF sponsorship models to focus more on our work than meetings.

and I really could not agree more.
I agree with you that our model should change from meeting focused to work
focused.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-