Re: IETF 100, IAOC perspective

2016-06-16 07:59:00

Ohta-san,

On Jun 9, 2016, at 2:58 AM, Masataka Ohta
<mohta(_at_)necom830(_dot_)hpcl(_dot_)titech(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp> wrote:

No, I don't value their families.

Moreover, it is wrong for IETF as an international technical
body to force or expect its members value and respect LGBT.

I have treated you with respect for many years, even when we have strongly
disagreed about technical issues, but I find this statement personally
offensive, and unacceptable.  The IETF has an anti-harassment policy that
specifically forbids harassment based on race, gender, religion, age, color,
national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

You can believe and say whatever you like in your private life, but in the IETF
you need to behave in ways that are respectful of people of any race, gender,
religion, age, color, nation origin, ancestry, disability, _sexual orientation,
or gender identity_.  That is the stated policy and consensus of the IETF,
regardless of whether it matches your personal views.

Margaret