IETF Endowment update

2016-07-12 08:35:25
As we head towards IETF 96 next week, I want to provide a brief update on
the IETF Endowment‹one of the variety of ways the Internet Society works
with the IETF on funding its activities. Other ongoing efforts include
providing annual direct funding, raising sponsorships, and providing
people and back office resources. As the IETF Endowment develops, the
Internet Society remains committed to continuing its support of the IETF
in these ways as well.

As you may recall, the IETF Endowment resulted from transforming the Open
Internet Endowment to be dedicated solely to supporting the IETF. While
the focus has narrowed, contributions from organizational and individual
contributions are still encouraged. We will, in the future, have a major,
public campaign but currently, anyone may contribute via the online form
at:

https://www.sustainietf.org/

We believe the IETF Endowment will be an important part of ensuring a
sustainable footing for the IETF for the next 30 years and are working
toward growing the fund.

I look forward to seeing many of you and to providing a further update in
Berlin.

Best,
Kathy