Re: IETF Endowment update

2016-07-13 14:51:04
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016, Richard Shockey wrote:

John, Paul let me ask the obvious question.  What were you expecting the Open
Internet Endowment to do beyond the IETF?

Outreach to National Regulatory Authorities, for instance? Support for
independent research beyond IRTF? Better funding for young technologists?

It’s a serious question.  ISOC’s mission statement isself relatively amorphous.

Honestly, I don't remember. There was some presentation I listed to at
one of the IETF's and it appealed to me and I wanted to donate. I thought
it would do something new and different. I did not expect to be paying
"some extra IETF fees".

Paul