Re: IETF Endowment update

2016-07-14 14:14:51
As the first donor to the the Open Internet Endowment on 30 July 2012, I am
pleased to see this name change.  It removes any ambiguity about the purpose of
the funds.

Kathy has already said that she will “see what can be done” for anyone that has
made a contribution thinking it was a different scope.

Regarding the concern that John Klensin raised about Internet organizations
that have too much money, I cannot imagine this endowmwnr being that
successful.  However, if it were, I would argue for reduced meeting fees to
encourage the broadest possible participation in face-to-face meetings.

Russ

On Jul 14, 2016, at 9:12 AM, Livingood, Jason