RE: Please stop killing trees with pre-printed agendas

2016-07-21 11:05:05
Sorry to add to the noise, but I have an Iphone (two actually) and I am happy
to be able to quickly peruse the paper copy which fits nicely in my badge. I
accept the risk of inaccuracy.
You have every right to dislike it and not use it, but don't try to take it
away from others who do appreciate it. Please refrain from making that
recommendation to the secretariat.
There are already far less than before (which could become an issue).
JM.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : ietf [mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] De la part de Robert Sparks
Envoyé : jeudi 21 juillet 2016 14:31
À : ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; 96attendees(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Objet : Please stop killing trees with pre-printed agendas

I am becoming convinced that the small pre-printed folded agendas are doing
more harm than good.

We've become more dynamic with meeting scheduling - the pre-printed agendas are
almost always incorrect at the start of the meeting.

We have much better online tools, including smartphone apps that provide better
access to non-stale data.

We've found it easy to have printers on-site for anyone who really needs to
print a copy (and can post instructions in an easy to find place on how to make
that happen).

Therefore, I would propose that the secretariat be directed to not provide the
folded agendas in Seoul, so that we eliminate the printing and shipping expense
(and associated environmental impact).

RjS