Re: Please stop killing trees with pre-printed agendas

2016-07-21 10:03:27

I'm someone who takes a paper copy, and uses it primarily to figure out the
room number, and also to review the map...

I can live without the folded sheets though.  The projector is good, but it
wasn't obvious at first that I could go up to the tablet and push the screen
around to see the parts I needed to see.
(I can also live without a free T-shirt, and I can live without free cookies,
provided that I can find a snack easily, which this hotel makes challenging)

Robert Sparks <rjsparks(_at_)nostrum(_dot_)com> wrote:
    > We've become more dynamic with meeting scheduling - the pre-printed
    > agendas
    > are almost always incorrect at the start of the meeting.

    > We have much better online tools, including smartphone apps that provide
    > better access to non-stale data.

I mostly just use the datatracker agenda ics tool to select my sessions and
then import the resulting blhblah?grp,grp.grp,grp URL into my calendar
(Google). Google calendar doesn't let me edit the URL so I can't add/remove
WGs easily afterwards, so I tend to oversubscribe to WGs, and then use the
"Copy to my calendar" to remember which ones are my priority choices.
(This also fills in my busyfree info for others... particularly those back
home who might need to bug me)

I've thought to deal with the can-not-edit-URL by trying to use an
Apache Proxypass on my own server (i.e. add layer of indirection.) I didn't
get it working, and gave up after 5 minutes a few IETFs ago.

The problem with this method is that my "Copy to my calendar" copy does not
get updated with agenda changes, so this method is as bad as the paper copy,
maybe worse if I copied weeks ago.

I could try one of the apps; but I don't think they sync into my calendar.
Maybe someone else has some suggestion.

An ideal solution would be that when I select things on the agenda page
(while logged in), that  I'd get ics invites!  That might scale poorly.... or
maybe it would provide valuable feedback in some way.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-