Re: Please stop killing trees with pre-printed agendas

2016-07-24 09:40:07
As a direct result of the Web, the majority of the reading public no longer get
their news in dead tree form. Classified ads are gone. Demand for wood pulp is
dramatically down over the past 20 years.
I did not bother to pick up a printed agenda this time as I can't read the
print any more.

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 8:31 AM -0400, "Robert Sparks"
<rjsparks(_at_)nostrum(_dot_)com> wrote:

I am becoming convinced that the small pre-printed folded agendas are
doing more harm than good.

We've become more dynamic with meeting scheduling - the pre-printed
agendas are almost always incorrect at the start of the meeting.

We have much better online tools, including smartphone apps that provide
better access to non-stale data.

We've found it easy to have printers on-site for anyone who really needs
to print a copy (and can post instructions in an easy to find place on
how to make that happen).

Therefore, I would propose that the secretariat be directed to not
provide the folded agendas in Seoul, so that we eliminate the printing
and shipping expense (and associated environmental impact).

RjS