Re: IETF 97 - Registration and Hotel Reservations Open Now!

2016-08-13 01:48:15
I’m not talking about the VAT, but the VAT ID.

Every time I buy anything, I ask to include in the invoice my VAT number, and I
get the correct invoice.

This includes all kind of conferences, hotels, invoices from Airlines, gadgets,
etc.

Is the same as asking somebody to provide an invoice with your correct address,
company name, etc.

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: ietf <ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> en nombre de John Levine
<johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com>
Responder a: <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com>
Fecha: sábado, 13 de agosto de 2016, 1:05
Para: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
CC: Jordi Palet Martinez <jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es>
Asunto: Re: IETF 97 - Registration and Hotel Reservations Open Now!

    >European companies need to have the VAT number in the invoice in order to
be able to use the invoice as a valid expense.

    So what happens when you buy something from a vendor outside the EU
    that doesn't do VAT?  This would typically include every vendor in the
    United States.

    R's,
    John