Re: IETF 97 - Registration and Hotel Reservations Open Now!

2016-08-12 18:03:18
I do know that it is often very difficult for us to get bigger blocks
than what we have.

Well, yeah.  The Conrad Seoul has 434 rooms and our room block is at
least 400.  They can't give us rooms that don't exist.  Poking around
on the intertubes, I don't see any larger hotel in Seoul.  The Hilton
in Buenos Aires was about the same size.  The IC in Yokohama is a
little bigger, 594 rooms, but still nowhere near enough for everyone
at an IETF meeting.

In each of these cities, this is the largest or nearly the largest
hotel.  There is no hotel big enough to hold everyone.

A lot of rooms have two beds.  Perhaps some people would like to save
money and share a room.

R's,
John