Re: IETF network incremental plan

2016-11-16 19:40:28
That’s why at the time being, I’m insisting in looking into the real world:

The real world expects that we have dual stack (private IPv4 + GUA IPv6) in the
LANs.

What we need to make sure is that the “access” being IPv6 only, as many ISPs
runout of IPv4, is workable by means of a translation in the first hop router
(what it will be the CE/CPE in a residential, or SOHO router in an SME, etc.).

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: <ynir(_dot_)ietf(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
Responder a: <ynir(_dot_)ietf(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
Fecha: jueves, 17 de noviembre de 2016, 10:24
Para: Ted Lemon <mellon(_at_)fugue(_dot_)com>, Randy Bush
<randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com>
CC: IETF discussion list <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>, Jordi Palet Martinez
<jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es>
Asunto: RE: IETF network incremental plan

    Interestingly, Windows 10 mobile refuses to join the networks that have no
v4 (v6only and nat64).  It is interesting because it does use the IPv6 address
in ‘ietf’.

    But the top consideration is to get work done.

    Yoav

    Sent from my Windows 10 phone