Re: IETF network incremental plan

2016-11-16 23:14:09
On 17 Nov 2016, at 04:58, Dave Crocker <dcrocker(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

On 11/17/2016 1:52 PM, Benson Schliesser wrote:
But for others, it will merely be an inconvenience.

Indeed.

Coercive experiments on production services tend to have collateral effects
that typically are significant and undesirable.

The IETF meeting network is a production service for more than 1000 people.

The discussion isn’t about which networks are available, it’s about which is
the default.  I can certainly change my default on my MacBook, though rather
annoyingly not on my iPhone (or is there a way to do that?), I just need to be
aware of what/where the IPv6-only SSID lives.

Some more prominent messages to, for example, the 97attendees list would be
helpful in promoting more people to at least try the NAT64 SSID, perhaps with
links to relevant info/resources and a wiki to share experiences.

It would be interesting to see some stats on associations to the different
SSIDs.

Tim