Re: IETF network incremental plan

2016-11-17 13:12:00
On 18/11/2016 05:28, Jari Arkko wrote:
But again, these are just my ideas. What do people want that we do?

Speaking for one person only, I do not believe that an IPv6-only network
with NAT64 to reach legacy services is a desirable end point, because it
includes *unnecessary* NAT breakage.

A desirable end-point is a dual stack network (with non-RFC1918 IPv4),
where the amount of IPv4 traffic is very small, tending towards zero.
That includes no NAT breakage.

So I see no argument for changing the current default SSID setup.

(We already have millions of testbeds for the intermediate setup of
a dual-stack network with RFC1918 IPv4; I write this message from
one of those, and it works fine, except for NAT breakage.)

   Brian