Re: IETF network incremental plan

2016-11-16 19:34:30
On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 09:16:43AM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
last evening i was carrying a question from the noc team but my position
in the mic queue was preempted by more important people.

I believe I was the person responsible for queue mamangement where
Randy's priority was not respected.  I have already apologised to him
privately, but I hereby unreservedly apologise for failing to account
correctly for the order at which people got to the mic.  I asked Randy
to post his question to the IAB here, and he told me he would decline.
But perhaps his note here is the question:

but essentially, before we make tactical decisions we would like to know
what the purpose and goal of the meeting network is.

[&c.]

If that _is_ the question, I observe that the IAB can't answer the
question.  The original question about the v6-only network was asked
of me as to my opinion, so I answered it.  But the IAB doesn't make
decisions about what the IETF network is for at these meeting.  So
while I think the question is important, I don't think the IAB can
answer it, which is what I think I'd have had to tell Randy at the mic
last night.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com