Re: IETF network incremental plan

2016-11-17 07:51:40
If that _is_ the question, I observe that the IAB can't answer the
question.

which is why i did not send email to the iab; i just wanted fair queue
management.  _as a community_, we need to discuss what the goal(s) of
the network are.  i am learning from the feedback; thanks all.

a few points which have not been mentioned

  o there is a significant number of attendees who do not have much
    configuration control over their laptop.

  o there is a singificant number of attendees who need vpn access to
    get work done.

  o there are attendees with strange and old operating systems.  some of
    these folk wander to the help desk and the noc.

and a personal bias.  in the ops part of my $dayjob (which is minimal; i
am supposed to do research), we try to provide what the customer wants,
not tell them to do things they do not want to do.  ykmd.

randy