Re: Review of draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-06

2017-01-13 01:09:13
So while Randy may well be right that we will move away from classful
eventually

that is the line i was fed 15+ years ago.  i did not accept it then and
i see no good reason to accept it now.

we certainly never had it in the top 64 bite of the address

bzzt!  you may want to look at rfc 2450.

For now, I'd much prefer to just add a similar exception to the one we
have in 7421.

you'll need to start an iana registry.  for p2p some use /127, some
/126, and i have seen /120 on a multipoint mesh, worked fine.

we have had to fight massively with vendors to make it classless.
please do not give them excuses to break things.

randy