Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2017-01-29 19:43:05
On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 03:08:11AM +0800, James Seng wrote:
I rescind my previous comment that the scenario I painted is rhetorical.

[snip]

Worth noting is that there are many reports within the last 24 hours
that [some] people arriving in the US are being subjected to (a) demands
for their social media identities (b) demands for access to their phones
and other devices and (c) demands for their passwords.  Those refusing are
being unlawfully detained and unlawfully denied access to legal counsel.

It's not clear what criteria -- if any -- are being used to determine
which travelers are being subjected to this.  It's also not clear if
it's happening at all airports or only some of them.

---rsk