Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2017-01-31 09:59:23
Hi,

On 2017-1-31, at 16:48, Behcet Sarikaya <sarikaya2012(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:
I remind people that just a few years ago, all the meetings were being
held in the US.

sorry, but that is just incorrect. Check https://ietf.org/meeting/past.html

IETF18 was in Canada, 27 in The Netherlands, 30 in Toronto, 33 in Stockholm, 39
in Munich -- and that was 20 years ago. We've been rotating ever since.

US is the home ship for IETF.

This was probably true before the mid-90s. It certainly hasn't been since.

Yes, I sympatize with those having
issues in entering and hope that somehow those restrictions will go
away.

Thank you, we all do. The question is what we do in the meantime.

Actually I propose meeting more often in the US, that will be good for
everybody.

Er, come again? How is going more often to a place that makes it harder for
people to participate physically "good for everybody?"

Lars