Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-07.txt> (IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture) to Internet Standard

2017-02-20 18:50:16
On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Job Snijders <job(_at_)ntt(_dot_)net> wrote:

ps. The "Write a draft" argument is weak at best, since we are already
are discussing a draft (called 'draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-07.txt'),
which is in IETF Last call, which means it is in a place to discuss the
contents of that draft. No reason to kick the can down the road.

I'm sorry, but that's really how it is. The text you dislike has been the
standard for almost 20 years, and is it inappropriate to change it in the
context of reclassifying this document from draft standard to Internet
standard.