Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-07.txt> (IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture) to Internet Standard

2017-02-22 20:12:34
As a host developer I strongly oppose that.

as a network operator, i strongly opposed classfulness and will hold my
breath and have a tantrum.

It will make life easier for network operators but make life harder
for host OS developers, host operators, and host users.

users do not notice, except when device programmers break things.  i am
a host operator, and i do not need classfulness.  slaac is nice in small
lans, and the /64 id is fine for the slaac niche.

And it is absolutely inappropriate to change this nowin given that the /64
boundary has been the standard for the last 20 years.

the other week you were saying i should be patient and we could change
it in another decade from now.  now you say forever, it's cast in
concrete.

well, we are breaking that concrete, have broken it for years, and it's
time 6man wakes up, smells the coffee, and gets with reality.

randy