Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-07.txt> (IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture) to Internet Standard

2017-02-22 19:51:32
On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 9:56 AM, Randy Bush <randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com> wrote:

Host developers could just as well claim "this is just network ops
telling
us what we should do do and denying what we actually do and intend to
keep
on doing".

how is that working out for dual-stack and dhcp android users?

What do you mean? Are you saying that host developers don't always and
automatically do what network operators want them to do? If that's
motivated by the fact that they are acting in their users' interests, it
seems to me that they are justified in doing so, and in fact, would be
remiss not to.

With the difference that the standards clearly specify what the current
state of affairs is.

and now we need to make the wannabe document match what the state of
affairs is in networking.

That doesn't mean "we've been violating the standards, so now the standards
have to change to match what we've been doing, even if other parties are
depending on the standards", does it? :-)