Re: [v6ops] draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis prohibiting non-/64 subnets

2017-02-23 21:24:18
On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 10:18 PM, Randy Bush <randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com> wrote:

But since nobody seemed to care for the last 14 years

this is false.  some people have been fighting this for 20 years.
though the first years were more concentrated on fighting the TLS/NLA
insanity, which makes this /64 mess look minor.  for those of us trying
to deal with classful ipv6 for the last 20 years, this /64 issue is the
last clean-up.

The original message in the thread about this draft:
" > The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture'
  <draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-07.txt> as Internet Standard

ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by 2017-03-01. Exceptionally, comments
may be
sent to iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting."

Nothing in the past really matters here, what matters is: "Is the bis draft
all set, did we fix all the things which must be fixed before this draft
becomes a real 'standard'?"

"no, I don't think we did" - randy (as strawman arguer)

Folk's frustrations are coming out, deep breath and think before 'send'
please... we're all really trying to do the right thing, yes?